Friday, July 13, 2012

The real deal

This one is rather personal but, I thought I would share a day in my (ideal )life , it doesn't always happen this way. (not that anyone cares but, these blogs are more for me than anyone else)
We get up bright and early every morning (although the kiddos are sleeping until almost 7:15)
Then I say my morning prayer, ride my stationary bike a grueling 2 miles (hey, when you are out of shape any excercise seems grueling. Personal scripture study (hopefully) and the day gets off running. we have medicines to dole out, breakfast to eat, family scripture and prayer time, morning chores, and kids getting dressed, teeth brushed, hair done, beds made, rooms picked up, 3 diapers changed 3 small kiddos dressed.
Now, if I can make it through all of this (usually we are done by 9:30) without arguing with someone (next to impossible), raising my voice (which happens too often for my liking) or dealing with food hoarding, rough housing, screaming children (there are some little ones here), stealing, then it has been a good morning. .But, I usually deal with more than a few of them.
next, is to start laundry, scoop the dog poo out of the backyard, watch John work for a bit, check FB :), changing sheets (for some beds), putting laundry away, doing morning dishes this is amidst the cries for attention, the cries of can I ...?can I ....?can I...? he is touching me, he is tackling me, I am getting hit witha  pillow, laughter, giggles and hugs and kisses. then, we hit 11 am.

There is no comparison in our lives. We all have specific talents and then, Heavenly Father gives us a little more to extend our talents so that we can carry out His will. The thing is, I love my life. You wouldn't know it if you came over sometimes but, there is no place I would rather be than in the chaos noise and confusion of my life.
Now, just so you know, it is not as chaotic as you might think and mostly, I am a director of things that need to happen. The house isn't always clean (well, it is on Wed. nights when our fabulous Amy comes and cleans for me). So, if you want to see a clean house come after 9pm on Wed. cause that is about as long as it lasts. :)
I get frustrated, I mean really? why does no one flush the toliet, put toliet paper on a roll, turn off a light or close an exterior door? I just thought that was common sense, guess not.
I eat frosting from a spoon and ice cream from the container. I am lucky to get a shower and dressed some days. I drink CF diet coke by the 2 liter (quick). I read books when I can and would eat out every night if I could. (I am a burger/pizza girl no exotic taste buds here just kid ones)

Life throws us twists, turns and curves. It picks us up and drops us down. But, where are we emotionally when that happens? Do we still have faith, do we still trust in Heavenly Father's plan? Or do we give up and complain about our lot, and why me?

Then, after a full day of hashing out problems and stopping arguments, gently and lovingly correcting our children (I wish), cleaning up the spills, changing the last diaper (for an hour), taking out the trash, cleaning up a dirty house and cleaning it up again and repeating myself for a hundereth time. It is bedtime. we say prayers, we read a book, we give hugs and kisses, (i wish I could say we tuck in but, I am usually just too tired, sometimes I make it though). The house becomes quiet. I write a paper, while talking to John and eating ice cream (from a bowl, i promise) the sound of silence reigns. I can hear myself think, I can stay in the bathroom as long as I want, I can read my scriptures or listen to a general conference talk (the option is there, I mean).
While silence reigns and peace presides all I can think about is, while I love the quiet it is too quiet and I miss my kiddos. John and I kneel down and say a prayer thanking the Lord for a great day full of safety and joy. Then, we fall asleep (after sharing a few of the more humorous moments from the day and some shared  chuckles and laughter).
In the morning we happily wake (okay not really happily but, I do manage to get up) eager (might be streching that a bit) to see the kids and see what today will bring, all the while thanking Heavenly Father for providing me with so much more than i deserve.

No comments: