Thursday, October 11, 2012

Challenges


Well, I have been so busy that I haven't had time to write. But, I have been reflecting on the challenges that we all have. If only it was as easy as reading that sign and knowing that a particular challenge was coming my way soon. :)
Now, I enjoy the blessing of being a mom. This is both a blessing and a great challenge. The challenge comes when I can't keep my emotions from mixing with my kids. They also test your patience and their boundaries. Some days I want to hang my head and say "enough". there are days when I literally feel that I can not take one more thing.
Then, the moment is over and I am able to pick myself back up and go forward with faith.
Challenges come in many different forms and in many different ways. Some of us experience physical challenges. Some, emotional challenges. Some, mental challenges. Some a mixture of a few of these. There are many different kinds financial, jobs....well, you get the picture.
I am experiencing a big challenge right now. It might not seem so to you but to me it is huge. My challenge has been time or lack thereof. There does not seem to be enough time to do all that needs to be done or I simply don't have another ounce of energy to spare.
The light does come, you know. Sometimes you have to experience a longer challenge because you really need to learn the lesson behind the challenge. Don't lose faith. Don't lose hope. The light will come. There is a song I love so much, here are the words:
The message of this moment is so clear;
And as certain as the rising of the sun.
If your world is filled with darkness doubt and fear,
Just hold on, Hold on; the light will come.
Ev'ryone who's ever tried and failed
Stands much taller when the victory's won.
And those who've been in darkness for a while
Kneel much longer when the light has come.

It's a lesson ev'ry one of us must learn;
That the answers never come without a fight.
And when it seems you've struggled far too long,
Just hold on, hold on; there will be light.

Hold on. Hold on. The light will come.

When you feel trapped inside a never-ending night.
If you've forgotten how it feels to feel the light,
If you're half crazy thinking you're the only one
Who's afraid the light will never really come

Just hold on. Hold on! The light will come.

The message of this moment is so clear;
And as certain as the rising of the sun.
If your world is filled with darkness doubt and fear.
Just hold on, hold on, the light will come


Know that we all have our own challenges and struggles and we can be a support and strength to those around us, if we can share.
Sometimes, the message is "lose yourself in service to others and you forget about yourself"
When challenges enter your life, remember you are not alone. You are a warrior for the Lord. Lose yourself in Him and your self doubts and struggles will seem bearable.
When you see those around you know that they have similar thoughts and feelings that you do. You may think my challenge is easy but to me....
Love those around you. Stand Strong in your faith. Believe that the Lord will make those challenges bearable, He will share your burden. He may not let it go entirely but, He will make it manageable.

No comments: